Familiarize the students with the basic concepts, the initial results and the methods of Linear Functional Analysis and its applications.
This course aims to achieve a more comprehensive training in discrete mathematics, complementing the introductory knowledge acquired at the first cycle level and covering more advanced topics of combinatorics and graph theory which require more sophisticated techniques of discrete mathematics and with multiple relations among themselves.
- Present the main results from statistical inference in Multivariate Normal populations.
- Introduce students to the techniques of multivariate data analysis, paying attention to the methodologies as well as its validation conditions and the interpretation of the results.
- Practice with statistical software like R software, exploring its potential for multivariate data analysis and promoting the discussion of the results.
- Ability to summarize multivariate data, to choose the convenient methodologies according with the practical requests and to understand the results.
- Familiarity with facilities offered by computer packages for multivariate analysis.
In this course emphasis is on methodology and problems solution processes. The general methodology in operations research is described and algorithms for linear, network and dynamic optimization are introduced. Students should be able to use the operations research methodology to solve real problems and apply the described linear, network and dynamic optimization algorithms and methods.
Application procedure is similar to mobility applications, that is, candidates are either appointed by their institutions of origin or the candidate addresses directly the International Office that guides the candidate and contacts the candidate’s institution of origin. Application may be done on paper, by post and by email and is checked by the International Office.
What are the necessary documents?
- application form
- learning agreement signed by the candidate and the institutions of origin
- transcript of records
- photocopy of valid personal identification document (ID card or passport)
Created in 1973, the University of Aveiro quickly became one of the most dynamic and innovative universities in Portugal. Now a public foundation under private law, it continues to develop and implement its mission to provide undergraduate and postgraduate education, to generate research and promote cooperation with society.More information