The course explores our Nordic Culture and give insights into Nordic cultural life. The course let the participants take part in outdoor activities and experience as a method for learning. The following will be studied and explored: To live in countryside and a city today, local identity, history, countryside life and citizenship, our cultural heritage - material and immaterial culture, our relation to nature, folkloristic tales and sagas, the Nordic traditions and the high festivals, traditional Nordic folk-art, music, dances and cooking as a way of learning culture. The course include two compulsory seminars with a cost for the student.
The application for spring semester 2017 will open in September with application deadline October 15. If you are selected by your home university please ask them to nominate you to firstname.lastname@example.org. All nominated students will receive an email as soon as the application form opens.
When you have been selected by your home university, the application procedure will be as follows:
1. Search for courses in the course list above. Please see under "Course information and timetable" in the left hand menu before you choose your courses. Note that full-time courses at Faculty of Arts and Sciences run during four (4) periods per semester. You can choose only one full-time course for each period.
2, Check the specific requirements for each course that you want to study and make sure that you are eligible for all courses that you select.
3, Fill out the application form on-line which will open in September. The application form includes personal data, academic background, choice of courses and the period of study for your stay at Linköping University.
4, Upload the required documents:
- Transcript of records of all university education
- Proof of English*
- List of ongoing courses
- Degree certificate if applicable
All documents need to be scanned into one pdf file.
5. If you want to apply for accommodation through Linköping University make sure to cross that box on the application form. Please note that you also need to apply and sign up with other landlords and check the notice boards. Linköping University cannot guarantee accommodation.
6. Submit the form. A print-out version of your application will open for your reference.
7. Deadline for Spring semester 17 is 15 October 2016, 23.59 o´clock (UTC+2h).
8. Information and admission documents will be send during November 2016.
Linköping University is a state university in Linköping, Sweden. Linköping University was granted full university status in 1975 and is now one of Sweden's larger academic institutions.More information